The Texoma Board of REALTORS® is taking applications for fill our vacancy for the Board Association Executive (AE) role. This is a Full Time position. The AE oversees the day to day operations of the association, and in addition, this person is responsible for staff administration and development, purchasing, budget preparation assistance, and membership support. TBR is offering a competitive salary with a well established entity. The AE will work closely with volunteers and elected leadership on the management of the organization and the Board of Directors.
Interested applicants can Apply Online, or send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job description for Association Executive (AE):
- The chief staff executive, or association executive (AE), is responsible for all administration and management of the association, based on member needs, with some focus on community and real estate industry issues. The AE manages the organization with parameters set by the volunteers and based on volunteers’ determination of the future direction of the organization
- Oversees the day to day operations of the association. In addition, this person is responsible for staff administration and development, purchasing, budget preparation assistance, and membership support.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of office management skills and is able to delegate or outsource as necessary. Has a clear understanding of legal and regulatory issues and is able to impact the development of these policies. Can develop and implement political fundraising efforts
- Updates governing documents and policies on a routine basis, to match the association’s mission and manage goals.
Responsibilities for Programs/Tasks:
- Ensures that the board of directors, executive committee, and officers are fully informed of association conditions and of all important factors influencing them.
- Attends all meetings of the board of directors and executive committee.
- Plans, formulates, and recommends for the approval of the board of directors basic policies and programs that will further association objectives.
- Executes all decisions of the board of directors except when directors specifically make other assignments.
- Develops specific administrative policies, procedures, and programs to implement the general policies of the board of directors.
- Establishes a sound organizational structure for the headquarters office with set office hours of 8am – 5pm, with a 1 hour lunch.
- Plans the general administration of the entire association’s operation.
- Represents the association in local government matters affecting the real estate industry.
- Directs and coordinates all approved staff programs, projects, and major activities.
- Defines staff duties, establishes performance standards, conducts performance reviews, and maintains competitive salary structure.
- Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to committee chairmen to enable committees to properly perform their functions, ensures that committee decisions and recommendations are submitted to the board of directors for approval.
- Executes contracts and commitments as authorized by the board of directors or within established policies.
- Promotes interest and active participation in association activities to membership and local/chapter groups, and reports association activities through the association communications media.
- Maintains effective relationships with other organizations, both public and private, and ensures that association and membership positions are enhanced in accordance with the policies and objectives of the organization.
- Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other association property are appropriately safeguarded and administered; operates within the approved budget.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts public relations programs to enhance public acceptance of the industry.
- Serves as supervising editor of the official publication.
- Conducts research and related projects on subjects deemed of importance to the membership and prepares and publishes the results.
- Develops education programs to advance the professional, technical, and managerial skills of the membership, operating within the budget and program objectives that the board of directors approves.
- Plans, organizes and directs membership promotion and retention programs, and evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures, and actions to achieve membership goals.
- Collects dues and terminates delinquent memberships.
- Plans and coordinates the annual membership meeting.
- Exercises control of budget and all arrangements to meet financial objectives.
- Maintains official minutes of the board of directors and other official association meetings.
- Provides security for all files, legal and historical documents, and membership and mailing lists.
- Plans, promotes, and administers all official association meetings.
- Plans and executes all communications to membership, including newsletters, general mailings, news releases, and so forth.
- Acts as a direct liaison with the state association and the National Association
- Acts as association spokesperson when assigned or when association officers are unavailable,
- Serves on state and national committees as appointed
- Carries out other general responsibilities as officers and board of directors may specify,
- Is an ex-officio, non-voting, member of the executive committee and the board of directors.
- Be proficient in QuickBooks to accurately input financials of the board.
- Send out meeting minutes and agenda one week before the monthly meetings.
- Send meeting minutes and agenda to board of directors two weeks before the meeting.
- Provide AE updates at each board meeting on new things you’ve learned and what we will be implementing as a board.
- Work at a fast-paced speed to learn new skills and improve the functionality of the board.
- Take initiative to problem solve with limited assistance in a timely manner.
- Execute daily administrative tasks and be proficient in software used daily.
- Produce daily and weekly logs on specific items of business and tasks completed.
- Responsible for making sure board is in compliance with the state and national association.
- Provide the community and members with updates on social media, emails and other avenues of public relations.
- Attend board approved trips which must be approved one month before the trip.
- Communicate with board members of up and coming events with a calendar and email and social media events.
- Assisting with Texoma MLS (TMLS) with general business and administrative tasks in accordance with the Bylaws and rules and regulations of the TMLS